How my facebook page has been stolen and how I got it back?

Hello friend! Greetings for the day. You have to come to this post which means that you have lost your hard work and someone has stolen your Facebook page and your hard-earned followers. Right? I had faced that issue and I will show you step by step guide that how I got back my stolen Facebook page.

How my facebook page has been stolen and how I got it back?



So before we get into that Facebook page recovering points let me tell you the series of unfortunate events happened with me and I lost my Facebook page with the followers of 124K. I am covering all the points from losing page to getting it back so do not skip any point as it could also help you from losing your page if you haven't lost it.

How my Facebook page had been stolen?

I have many Facebook pages, as a blogger it is the best way to get initial traffic on the website. One day I got a message from the guy named Arslan King. He introduced himself as a BuzzFeed employee. He told me that our Facebook had a good number of followers and his company would love to do business with me.

facebook page stolen
Profile Id of the page thief

I asked him about the work. He told me that I had to post their posts on my page and they will pay me around 100$ per post. They will post it via instant article. Instant article is a Facebook service that loads the page without going to that website.

I told him that I will not give any user rights to anyone on my Facebook page and he agreed. I told him to share their posts links with me and I will share it on my Facebook page. He told me that they will share their Facebook business manager account with me and they will create a user account for me and all the stuff will be managed their automatically. At that time I was not much aware of the Facebook business manager.

I agreed as they were giving around 100$ of just sharing their posts on my Facebook page. I got an email within a few moments. The mail was from the Facebook business manager. The screenshot is attached below.

The mail was telling that You have been given access to ads sponsor. It was also telling that manage all your Facebook page and ad account without sharing the login details. So from the things all is looking fine and genuine.



facebook business manager email

I went through the get started link from the mail which landed me facebook business manager page. I logged in my account as I have no tension of sharing my page details and admin rights. After login it asked me to add my Facebook page to their account. I added my page to the account and confirmed the submission.

I was happy as within some moments I will start receiving a good amount and my hard-earned followers are going to pay me. But it totally happened the opposite. Within a few moments, my Facebook page was owned by someone else and we became just analysts of our own big Facebook page.  



page owner changed by someone
We lost our admin rights in just a few moments 

I just realized that I had lost it. I had lost the hard-worked 3-year-old page within a moment of my greed. I was very frustrated and did not know what to do.

How I got my stolen Facebook page?

As I told you that I have lost my Facebook page in just a click and I was very frustrated. The Facebook page had a very large number of followers and we are just analysts of that page. That thief was uploading the content on the page and we were just watching it happen.

We googled about the issue but did not get any proper answer. We decided to write to post about this issue so that they can help me with this issue. We wrote to Facebook and Facebook business manager. We wrote to every possible person who can help us but in this case Facebook itself a helpless. 

Then we got the Facebook help link. (https://www.facebook.com/help/). We went through the Pages > Fix a problem link. There we found the link which was telling the issue we were facing. It was like I think my Facebook Page was hacked or taken over by someone else.

We clicked on the link and it opened the various informative details and explaining about the page roles. There was no specific help if someone threw you out of your own page.

While scrolling down, we knew about the link infringing someone's intellectual property rights. We decided to try that link. We clicked on it and it redirected us on another page. The page was about intellectual property like trademark and copyright. We had no issue of either.

We discussed and decided that the Facebook page was our intellectual work and we should go through the copyright content claim. Although Facebook did not think so as you will know later about it.

We went trough the copyright claim. (link:https://www.facebook.com/help/contact/634636770043106) .
We selected copyright option and automatically new form fields were loaded. Now one more problem occurred here the submit button disabled while selecting the most of the fields.

The only working option was the last radio box which was telling that I found content which I believe infringes my copyright. We checked that option and clicked on the submit button. Then check again on the radio button that tells continue with my copyright report.

facebook copyright claim



  
Check all the remaining fields and fill the details very carefully.

  • First select contact information and select the option me or my organization. Fill other details like name, surname email address, and other asked details.
  • Then go to content you want to report option and select other from the given options. Give your page link in the description area.
  •  Confirm the declaration statement and submit the claim.
Once you successfully submit the copyright claim, you will get a mail in your Facebook support inbox. This will the exact copy of the details you provided in the form with the complaint number as shown in the screenshot.

facebook support inbox

The message itself tells us that this response is strictly for copyright violations and not for others but we did not have any other option to act upon. Within 48 hours I got the response from the Facebook team as shown in the screenshot.

facebook response on copyright claim

The Facebook team member asked me what action I want to do them for me as it is not clear for them. If I claimed here for intellectual property which was my page they could have deleted the entire page and that was not the solution. 

I just wanted to get my page back as an admin and I replied to the message that I want my admin rights of the page and the best thing was they were forwarding my application directly to the response team.

facebook response inbox

I wrote the message as shown in the image and requested him to forward my application to the responsible team. They closed my intellectual property claim complaint and forwarded it to pages responsive team. 

Within 48 hours I got the response from the Facebook team and got the confirmed access of my Facebook page as shown in the below image.

fb admin resrored

So this was the procedure which I followed to get my Facebook page back and I hope that it helps you too. Do share your opinion about this post and also share it with your friends so that they get help with such issues. This post also helps to understand how people get in trap and not only Facebook pages but also YouTube channels are being stolen in such a way or other ways. So stay safe. Stay happy and keep blogging :).Thanks.



Comments